Thursday, July 6, 2017

Modern + Marbled - Gilding Flakes 2 Ways


I have to admit, while I love that marble stamp image, the gold gilding flakes are really cool! Check out two different ways that I used the flakes on this card.


How classy is this? Its so elegant. This would even be perfect to send to a man!


One the background, I stamped the marble image two ways. First, I inked the back of the stamp up (the puddle) with Soft Stone ink. Three mists of water were squirted on the image and then it was stamped on to watercolor paper. The second stamping was "right side up" with Smokey Shadow ink. I like the extra depth that was added to the image.

To take it one step farther, once both inks were dry, I followed the lines of the image with the glue pen. Once the glue changed from pale blue to milky white, I added the flakes. A stiff brush was used in a circular motion to get the flakes to adhere and to remove the excess. For a video tutorial, check out this post:


One more place to use the gilding flakes, on the die cut shapes. I cut the largest hexagon from white card stock. Then, I used the glue like a marker and "colored" the bottom of the hexagon. The gilding flakes were applied the same way as the background. How beautiful is that look?

Ways to use gilding flakes:
1. Highlight portions of the marble image.
2. Cover parts or all of the die cut hexagons.
3. Cover parts or all of the die cut words.
4. Accent the edges of die cut hexagons.
5. Accent the edges of the envelopes.

I am thinking that I needed to change the title of this post to more than 2 ways! Looking forward to seeing what you create! Make sure and use the hashtag #sincerelyyourspti on Instagram, along with #papertreyink so we can find your gorgeous work!

The Modern + Marbled kit can be found in the Papertrey Ink online store. Click the link for direct access.

sincerely yours,

2 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Kimberly, another stunner! Yes, you should have called this post: Countless ways to use gilding flakes! LOL Just stunning!

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous, classy, elegant, fabulous! Love the effects you got from the gold gilding flakes with the black.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...